- One sheet of puff pastry / Most types of pastry will work well
- Tomato Puree / Any pizza base sauce or tomato pesto sauce will work well
- Cheese / I only had cheddar, but any cheese you have will be fine
- Toppings / I only had some spinach, but anything you have (meats, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn – just try not to overload it!)
- Salt, Pepper & Olive oil
- Paprika / This is optional, but I saw it and thought, why the hell not!
Preheat your own to around 200°C / gas mark 6. Roll your pastry sheet out and cut into 4 pieces.
Most pastry sheets come wrapped in baking paper so cut that to the size of your baking tray and lay the smaller pastry sheets on. Lightly score about half an inch from the edges.
Add a generous dollop of tomato puree (or whatever base you are using) into the center of each piece.
Use the back of a teaspoon to spread the base over the pastry and use the score line as a guide.
Add you toppings! I’m using cheddar cheese and spinach mainly because that’s all I had (and I’m veggie).
Grind some salt and pepper over the top, add a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle some paprika if you fancy it.
Place them in the oven for about 15 mins. If you feel they need a little longer after taking them out, just put them back in for another few minutes.
And voila! Just plate up! they go great with a bit of salad. I could only fit one on a plate, but went back for the second one, they’re so light.